Designed for those who have a complete knowledge of all aspects of Piping, and will be able to teach all types of Bagpipe music, including Piobaireachd, at all levels The knowledge of the instrument, staff notation, and history required are all at PDQB Level 6/SCQF Level 8.
- Candidates must hold a PDQB Level 6 Certificate in Piping or the Professional Development Award Scottish Bagpipes: SCQF Level 8.
- Candidates must have the ability to:
- Teach classes and individuals,
- Recognise basic faults and to correct them,
- Explain movements clearly and concisely and correct mistakes quickly
- Instil proper methods of practice in pupils
- Maintain a pupil’s interest throughout a lesson
- Assessment of Teaching Skills
The following assessment criteria should be met within 12 months.
Candidates will be assessed by a nominated Assessor on the delivery of four lessons.
The lessons should be as follows:
- Workshop topic to be agreed with the Assessor
- Individual lesson
- Group lesson
- Piobaireachd lesson
For each lesson candidates must prepare a lesson plan, which will also be assessed.
Candidates must maintain a diary to record 20 hours of teaching lessons and demonstrate delivery of teaching to varying ability levels from beginner to advanced.